Portal - Again, Finally

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by pcypert, Apr 10, 2008.

1. pcypert macrumors 6502

Hey all,
    Have been on a run the last few days. Don't normally finish things and this week is getting crazy. First Assassin's Creed, then Mass Effect, then COD4, and now Portal (3 times!).

Love this game best of all I played. Smallest cast of characters, yet most true character.

Great levels. Reminds me of Contra or Super Mario, how they were hard the first play through and then once you know what to do you can beat them in under 20 minutes. I kind of like that. Now when I have some time to kill I can pop in Orange Box (still haven't played any of the other games) and play through 14 levels pretty easy.

Am under an hour to beat it now with plenty of speed up coming in the future. Love the game. Love knowing the inside jokes and references now finally :)

Paul

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Yeah Portal is a pretty great game, there is so much wit in the writing that it really puts a smile to your face constantly. The puzzles are great too but the game has earned it's praise for the amount of personality and creativity the developers managed to infuse into it.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Probably one of my favorite gaming experiences since Shadow of the Colossus. Pure entertainment, just the right length, enjoyable writing, great environments, clever, naturalistic puzzling.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

and as a game it stands head and tails over everything else in the orangebox.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I liked Ep. 2 better myself, though Portal was a blast.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Portal is a good game...I'm still enjoying it but HL2 is the creme. If portal was a little longer I would love it more.

Bless

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I really do like Portal but it's not something I'll be playing again till I've forgotten all the levels. Spent about 4 hours on Portal, 4 on Ep2 and 196 on TF2 :eek:

8. pcypert thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn those advanced versions of the levels are tricky. I'm down around 30-45 minutes on it now. Not going to get to the speed run level that one guy has, but having fun. Good time killer. But will take a break now to beat Bioshock which has been incredible so far.

Paul

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Bioshock has some last-act issues, but it's quite a good game over all.