Portal causes blue tint?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by andrew086, May 13, 2010.

1. andrew086 macrumors regular

I finished downloading Portal today, and I launched it. After I quit out, my screen had a blue tint. I thought that I must have just not noticed it till now, but when I went to the Color settings on System Prefs, everything went back to normal. I didn't even calibrate it, just went to the Color tab.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

2. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

I have half of this problem.. On my macs it changes the colour profile but it switches it back again when I quit portal.. The same thing happened in older versions of crossover, so I suspect it's something valve need to fix.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

The blue tint happens to me just before I load pretty much any full screen program. There is never a blue tint after, so I cannot see the problem. I think this is normal.

4. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

Happens with all full-screen OSX games unless they have an option to check "Use desktop gamma" like in World of Warcraft.

5. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

... But in portal and while running Valve games even in a window it changes the colour cast here. (though it still reverts to normal on quit for me)

6. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

That's just how it functions. Take it or leave it.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you on OS 10.5 or 10.6? I seem to recall some gamma-related changes in 10.6.