Portal First? Just bought Orange Box

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by pcypert, Mar 24, 2008.

1. pcypert macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    Just got around to purchasing Orange Box. Have heard so much about Portal. Can I jump straight into this game or do I need to play the HL2 and ep1 first? Just asking because that's the way they're listed on the back of the box.

Paul

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Well... portal mostly has nothing to do with HL2. I actually, played a bunch of TF2, then beat Portal, then more TF2, and now I'm on to HL.

3. Deadaim357 macrumors member

Deadaim357

Nah man. There's a wicked cool main menu that lets you choose which game you want.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

This is on my list of games to rent, possibly buy if the price is right.

5. pcypert thread starter macrumors 6502

I understand you can play any of them you want at any time. Just wondering about storyline and all that. Playing through Halo 3 and Assasins' Creed at the moment as well and not sure I want to do HL2 at the moment and have a thought that portal is a bit shorter?

Paul

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Play Portal first, it's pretty short and it's story is unrelated to HL2, there is only one small reference in there but a clear connection between Portal and the HL universe has not been done yet.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

tbh I bought orange box and have only played portal.

I've already played through hl2 before though, but can't muster the energy to play through episode 1 & 2

8. luftwaffles08 macrumors newbie

did the same thing and just got Orange Box. I highly recommend playing Portal first. It probably will take you 2-3 hours depending on how much time you spend on the advanced puzzles. Since then I have moved onto TF2 and I'm burning through HL2 right now.