Ported from AT&T to VZW, having problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by goldfine, Dec 2, 2011.

1. goldfine macrumors newbie

I manage my company's wireless accounts (we are in the US). We had existing corporate accounts on both AT&T and Verizon. We had seven lines on AT&T, all with iPhones, and we just ported those numbers to Verizon and got 16GB iPhone 4S for each. The phones arrived yesterday, and three users activated theirs last night. All are having very weird problems:

- Address book transferred just fine, but names aren’t showing up on caller ID (User 1 & User 2)
    - “Favorite contacts” only showing numbers not names (User 1 & User 2)
    - Favorites and photos didn’t transfer (User 3)
    - Some calls will not go through – get a weird automated “number doesn’t exist” message, sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish (User 1 and User 2).

Users 1 and 2 had 4's before, and User 3 had a 4S.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is the cause of the problem and how to fix? Tried power cycling.

2. goldfine thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

Okay I was able to find a solution in the Apple forum:

1. Go to Settings --> Phone and turn of International Assist
    2. Go to Settings --> General --> International --> Language. Change the language to anything else and wait for it to reset.
    3. Do the same thing, and change back to English. (If you switched to French like I did, you go to Réglages --> Général --> International --> Langue)