Ported From Tmobile And Got The Iphone 3GS! But!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neverbepeace, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

The porting process is still going it seems. Here is the trick.......Any service provider can text, call me......but Tmobile customers cannot. I can send a text to tmobile customers, but when they send it back, it goes to my old tmobile phone. I called att 3 times and they stated the port is completed on both sides. Now, I called tmobile and they stated I need to wait 24 hours. 24 hours was up at 8am this morning, and its still happening. This is very frustrating. Has anybody ever gone through this? Does it usually take this long?

I had my tmobile phone off the whole day and i turned it on a couple of minutes ago and i had a bunch of texts unanswered!

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

this is why i dont port numbers, any company that is losing your business has no initiative to work to get you ported to a competitor

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, they're required to do so, but it takes time.

5. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

ok

I would think 24 hours is more then enough time. It shouldn't have taken this long to begin with. Att stated that my phone was up and running 20 minutes after purchase.

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Porting can take time. I work in telecom and porting regular DIDs sometimes takes a week or more.

7. jungle311 macrumors newbie

Yes, It takes time, and think business days. My last port took 3 business days to fully complete.

8. moviebrain macrumors member

Wireless to wireless number portability

According to the FCC:

"The Porting Period

Your new telephone company can usually give you a good idea about how long the process will take. To keep the process as short as possible, the FCC recently clarified that companies may not obstruct or delay number porting by requiring you to provide excessive personal information before porting your existing telephone number. In addition, the FCC clarified that validation for a simple number port should require no more than the following information: (1) 10-digit telephone number; (2) customer account number; (3) 5-digit zip code; and (4) pass code, if it applies.

The FCC is also considering imposing additional requirements to make LNP more efficient, including shortening porting periods for simple ports.

For a wireless-to-wireless transfer, your phone number should work within a few hours of your request to change wireless providers.

A wireline-to-wireless transfer may take several business days to complete. Ask your new wireless company whether you will be able to continue using your current wireline number during the transfer process. There may be a period of “mixed service,” when you essentially have two telephones with the same number during the adjustment period.

If you port from a wireline phone to a wireless phone, your wireline long distance company will not move with you. Your long distance service will generally be provided by your new wireless company, but you should verify this with the new wireless company before changing service providers."

http://www.fcc.gov/cib/consumerfacts/numbport.html

24-48 hours can be considered a "normal" number portability window when something like the iPhone comes out and large numbers of telephone numbers are ported. However, seeing that you stated that everyone but T-mo can call you indicates that the global routing tables have been updated but Tmo hasn't released your number. If they haven't released it by Monday afternoon you should call them up and inquire about the holdup. They may be short staffed over the weekend, though the process at this point is extremely automated.

And I also work for a telecommunications company.