Portenzo Alano Wallet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Marco123, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have any experience with the new Alano wallet from Portenzo?
    They seem to have done away with the wooden frame and now have a plastic frame with a magnetic back that sticks onto the wallet.
    As much as I like the idea, I hate those cheap plastic cases that companies seem to stick the phones into.
    I always thought the wood frame brought some heft and quality to it.

2. Apollo231 macrumors regular

I ordered a Portenzo Case for my iPad just as you described, bamboo case with a leather flaps. It was beautiful, but I dropped it a couple of times and the corners suffered. I'm actually waiting for the Portenzo case for my iPhone 6+ :D and to be honest I'm glad that they moved away from the wooden cases, it will just break on the first drop IMHO. But there are some alternatives!! I love the Oak Wallet, and I would have bought it if I had seen it before :mad:

More
    Oak Wallet for iPhone 6
    $34.90

Pad & Quill
    The Luxury Book for iPhone® 6 Plus
    $99.99

You can see how the iPhone 6+ will look like on this Portenzo Case In the end I don't have any regrets :rolleyes:

3. joelb727, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

joelb727 macrumors regular

I ordered the black alano for me and the special edition for my wife last week. I'm super excited about getting these cases and can't wait to use them and ditch my wallet. I also got them both embossed with our initials. Absolutely beautiful cases.

I will update once I receive the cases.

If you have any questions, their cs is very responsive.

4. AnnArborHeel macrumors newbie

Just out of curiosity, how did you get in touch with them?

I can't find contact info on their website - and I reached out to them on Facebook but haven't heard back.

5. nycxaxez macrumors member

Portenzo

When you visit their website, http://shop.portenzo.com/, a LiveChat window pops up. Just talk to them there and they will help you out. Customer service was great. That's how I was able to customize a case.

6. joelb727 macrumors regular

Also support@portenzo.zendesk.com

7. z06gal macrumors 6502

I have one ordered and waiting to receive it. I have never owned any of their products but I must say the quality looks to be very good ;)

8. DiddlyDo macrumors member

Just curious if anyone has actually received an alano wallet for an iphone 6 or 6+? I ordered one for my iphone 6 on 10/9/14, so I wasn't expecting to receive it already. That being said, I haven't seen a single post from anyone who has actually received one of these products.

9. joelb727 macrumors regular

Just received my Portenzo cases. First impression -- very nice quality.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

10. DiddlyDo macrumors member

Glad to hear you received your cases. Thanks for the pics - they look good. I'm looking forward to receiving my alano chesnut case. As an aside, I noticed that the Portenzo website changed their production time from "up to 14 days" to "14-20 days." They're either busier than expected or the original time estimate was overly optimistic.

11. ppana macrumors newbie

@ joelb727
    Could you please post the Dimensions and Weight of the Alano Case?
    Thanks

12. ZipZap macrumors 601

I received mine (the ledger) but I guess I don't know what I was thinking. Its beautiful workmanship but just bigger than I want to carry.

Before I attempt to return it. If you're interested in avoiding the 20 day lead time shoot me a PM.