Portenzo and Stylus

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Emoo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Emoo macrumors regular

Sort of specific question...For the Portenzo case with the stylus option, does anyone know whether or not the Wacom Bamboo or the AluPen fit into that slot? The AluPen is actually probably a wash, but the specs I could find on the Wacom paired with the quoted measurements from Portenzo seem like it might not actually fit...

2. stooler macrumors newbie

I've got a Portenzo with the stylus slot/band and a Targus Stylus. This is actually my second Portenzo, as the first one warped pretty soon after I got it and wouldn't hold the iPad in. The first Portenzo had an elastic band that was tight enough to securely hold the Targus stylus. The second Portenzo was a little looser and I've got to make sure that the clip on the stylus clips onto the elastic. In both cases, the problem I had with the setup was the clip on the stylus. While the stylus itself is fairly skinny, the clip adds some extra width to it and makes it where the cover of the Portenzo doesn't close flat (it sticks up just a tiny bit right at the binding of the case. The width of the stylus slot isn't big enough to handle they stylus clip being rotated any direction to where it would all fit flush together either. I'd suspect that you would have the same type of issue with the Bamboo Stylus. The Alupen looks like it would work out though, since it doesn't have the clip.

3. Emoo thread starter macrumors regular

That doesn't seem too bad. I'm mostly just looking at styli for sketching, since I really like the gestural controls and such. I like the Alupen but think it might just be too chunky for my hand, and Wacom's never steered me wrong before. :D Thanks!