Portforwarding on a Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by marbleduck, Jun 27, 2011.

1. marbleduck macrumors newbie

I'd like to forward a port to a Win7 x86-running Macbook Air using an Airport Extreme, so I can host a server for a game without all that Hamachi crap. I have no idea where to start, any help is appreciated.

2. simsaladimbamba

AirPort Utility > Manual Setup > Advanced > Port Mapping

Did you try these search results already?

3. marbleduck thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I really just need to know how to find the local ip on a win7 comp.

And I actually searched "airport extreme port mapping". The result I came up with didn't really work.

Also, I don't know what "port configuration" or whatever to use for hosting a game...

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all

5. simsaladimbamba

In Windows 5 and 5.1 one could find out via the command line, which is started via pressing WINDOWS KEY + R and entering CMD and pressing ENTER. I don't know about Windows 6 and 6.1 though.
    In the command line tool one enters the following code:
    Code:
    ipconfig /all
    That will give the address of the router and your IP address, but I guess one could find it also via the network preferences for the interface you have selected to connect to you home network (wirelessly or Ethernet).

What didn't work?

That could be asked on the message board regarding hosting the game you want to host.

6. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

My current-firmware Airport Extreme doesn't have that setting

I have a gigabit Airport Express (single-band, so like 2-3 years old) and I'm running the latest firmware for it (7.5.2) but under 'Advanced' the 3 top-level tabs are 'Logging & Statistics', MobileMe, and IPv6 - the port forwarding is noticeably absent. When I search for the setting in the top right corner, port mapping comes up - but when I click it - nothing happens. It's like the search expects the function to be there - but it's actually not there.

Any suggestions?

7. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

I've narrowed down my problem (sorry if I'm hi-jacking this thread, I think it's relevant): when I go to 'Internet' and 'Internet Connection' only when I change the 'Connection Sharing' options to an option other than 'Off (Bridge Mode)' - then under the top 'Advanced' Tab do I get port mapping. But I can't apply the settings because it says there's a DHCP IP range conflict.

Help required :)