Porting 2 Numbers from Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by inturnaround, Sep 30, 2009.

1. inturnaround macrumors newbie

I just got my shipping confirmation from AT&T that my 32 GB 3G S is on its way and I have a few questions.

My iPhone is going to be on the same family plan as another phone (non-iPhone). I ordered them both with new numbers, but I want to port my Verizon numbers to these phones. Do I have to go to a AT&T Store to do this or can I just call the port department? Do I call before or after I activate the numbers that AT&T assigned me?

The numbers are both from the same region, so there shouldn't be any trouble there. I just want to know what I need to have before I get my phones tomorrow and if this is possible.

2. richmonddjs macrumors member

well, before you got the phones you should have had the numbers ported first. You will have to go to an at&t store. They will have to give you new sim cards. it can take up to 24 hours to port numbers. Go to AT&t before activating.

3. inturnaround thread starter macrumors newbie

Crap. I guess I misunderstood what the guy from AT&T said on the phone then last week.

4. inturnaround thread starter macrumors newbie

None of this was right. If anyone else is in the same boat, just call the port department. No new SIM cards. No visit to the AT&T Store. Porting took 10-15 minutes tops over the phone.