Porting a number at an Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seinman, Sep 25, 2014.

1. seinman macrumors regular

I am going to try to purchase an iPhone 6 (not plus) on Monday. All of the AT&T stores in the area are consistently showing no stock, so I'm assuming I will have to go to an Apple store. Problem is, we are making some less-than-common changes to our plan, and were advised by AT&T to do it at a corporate store. My wife is currently on a family plan, and she will be transferring liability on her line to us, and adding myself as an additional line on the new account while porting a number over from Sprint.

I know that at an Apple store, we can buy a phone and add a line to the account. My question is, can they port numbers from Sprint to AT&T at Apple stores? If the answer is yes, then I'm all set, because my local Apple store has the phone I want in stock every time I check online. If the answer is no, then I could be in for quite a long wait.

2. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

You will need your account number and a password. Call Sprint, they will text you that info. They wont give them over the phone. Bring that info with you to apple store. Oh...do not terminate your sprint line..once your number is ported, the sprint line will automatically ends. ( its not your online password, it's the network password which only the carrier has them.)