Porting 'Ineligible' Mobile Numbers to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacRumors, Jun 30, 2007.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Appleinsider's Kasper Jade posts an interesting walkthrough with his experience trying to port an 8 year old Verizon mobile number over to the iPhone.

After multiple attempts and several calls through Verizon and AT&T customer support, he was able to find a solution that did allow him to transfer his mobile number in under 20 minutes.

He explains that his problem stems from a discrepancy between your current mailing address and the one your existing mobile phone is assigned.
    The solution is to simply use your old billing zip code as your "usage" address.
    The discrepancy can be later resolved by a phone call to AT&T. (Screenshots/walkthrough)

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I figured thats the problem I am having ... too bad, I can't actually get anyone on the phone to fix it. 2 hours spent on hold with 2 different reps that ended in me getting disconnected without a call back.

3. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Wish I had seen this earlier.

Ive already accepted the fact that I had to ditch my old number and have given out my new number via email and calls to everyone I know. I hate to call them and tell them nevermind.