Porting number from Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MasonMI, Oct 30, 2007.

1. MasonMI macrumors regular

I ported my Verizon number last night during the activation process through iTunes this morning i notice my Verizon cell phone is still active and my iPhone is active with my Verizon number as well does anyone know how long this process takes for Verizon to cancel my service?

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

took a couple days for me

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

both when I switch from verizon to sprint and then Sprint to Cingular it took a little time before the old phone was completely deactived. It was rather interesting getting a call on one phone then calling with the other one.

4. SpankWare macrumors regular

I did my initial activation through iTunes and got an AT&T number. About a week later I called AT&T and ported by Verizon number to the iPhone. That whole process was done in about 30 minutes.

5. silbeej macrumors 6502a

my verizon phone was shut off almost instantly. the only thing i don't like is they cut off your ability to use your account online, so i don't know how much i'm going to have to pay, for while i'm here at school i pay my bill online for i don't get my mail for up to a few weeks, until i go home.

6. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Call the 800 number for them and they'll give you a good idea of what the final bill will be, FYI, go over it in detail, they tried to charge me extra, and even the ETF fee and I was out of contract for 4 months, they corrected it and were very nice about it also.

As for how long it takes to port and all that, personally I have experienced times where its 10 minutes to all weekend long or even during the week it could take a couple of days, I would call and verify that the number ported successfully .

Best of Luck and enjoy :D

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Mine went through in less than 10 minutes.