Porting Number question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by str8spd2001, Jun 29, 2009.

1. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

I have a quick question about porting numbers. My parents will be visiting me down here in Los Angeles from San Diego and they're interested in the 3GS. They won't have a problem porting a San Diego area code in the apple store right? Also they will be moving from T-Mobile. The only reason I ask is cause a couple years back we went to one of those AT&T authorized dealer booth and they said that they had to go to a San Diego store to be able to do that....cause their computer doesn't allow different county area code or something like that. Thanx for any help.

2. vespoli macrumors member

I was able to port a Northern Virginia Sprint number to a Southwest Virginia AT&T number during my switch to the iPhone without trouble.

Of course, you could save a bit of a possible hassle if you -- or your folks -- call first.

When I went in, the emphasis was on having the primary account holder's information, including full social.

3. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I think as long as their address matches the area code of the number they're porting, it will be fine.

4. Roosterfosho macrumors member

If they say they can't do it they are lying, it is much more work if there is a change in area code, but it's still possible. You just have to know how to work em;)

5. str8spd2001 thread starter macrumors regular

str8spd2001

Thanx for all the reply guys. I just didn't want to take them to wait in line for 1/2 an hour or so just to have some kind of problem.