Porting Siri to iphone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anonymous12, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Whats the point? It's just the GUI, its not connected to Apple's servers.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

we already have a few threads talking about it too.. ;)

3. Surrylic macrumors regular

I installed Siri far simpler using Spire from Cydia, just search for that. You have to set up a proxy in conjunction with someone's 4S to be able to use Siri though. Too much wor for me :(

4. anonymous12 thread starter macrumors member

How exactly can you get the authentication token from 4S to make Spire work for the iphone 4?

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

It's really not worth the hassle ...

6. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've read about a 4S jailbreak will somehow change the situation with the Siri port. Anyone know if this is true, and how it will effect Siri on iPhone 4? Will we still need to use proxy servers etc?

7. anonymous12 thread starter macrumors member

Hopefully when siri gets out of beta, the iphone 4 gets it.

8. BOSTON702 macrumors newbie

It wont. besides the 8mp camera and A5 processor, Siri is the only stand-out feature on the 4s to keep it selling.

As far as porting it to an iphone4 right now, you would need a friend or family member who has a 4s that you would have access to every 24 hours to refresh the keys. You also run the risk of Apple catching on to the proxy and banning said friend or family members 4s from using Siri ever again.. So if you ask me it's not worth it.

I installed spire just incase anything arises to make it useful, other than that im just going to wait patiently for something else to pop up.. Which im sure will happen eventually.

9. anonymous12 thread starter macrumors member

Ooooh. It's pretty sad that even though Siri can run flawlessly on the iPhone 4, they still won't release it. Probably just like you said, the only selling point for the iPhone 4S and also releasing siri would piss off many iPhone 4S users.