Porting wireline to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StingerT125, Jun 15, 2008.

1. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

When I get my iPhone I will want to cancel my home wireline and port it to the iPhone. The only information I could find on the ATT site was a reference to a pdf in a broken link:

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/transfer-number/porting-guide.jsp

Does anyone know what is involved in this? Do you think they will be able to do it in an Apple store or do you think I will have to purchase the phone at an ATT store? Is there an extra charge?

2. alejovh1 macrumors regular

Wireline? you mean Landline?
    not sure ATT will be willing to do that, I would call ATT now and find out if its even possible to minimize the amount of time you spend at the store. ;)

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

AT&T will allow it, they have to by law. I dunno about doing it at an Apple store, there's better chance going to an AT&T store, and bring a recent landline phone bill with you to speed things along. Note, it could take a few days for the number to transfer over.

4. StingerT125 thread starter macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I usually refer to it as landline, but the ATT site refers to it as wireline.

I will be stopping at the store later this week to talk to them about what's involved in the transfer and who can do it.