Porting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by quat, Nov 2, 2009.

1. quat macrumors newbie

I just got my iPhone 3gs, At&t completed the port from verizon but now all of my text messages from verizon customers go to my verizon phone; and my verizon phone can still make calls however all incoming calls go to my iPhone.

Has this ever happened to anyone? What can be done to remedy this? I have talked to verizon and at&t. They both said that the port is complete and I should have no problems.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Yes this has happened. It may be like this until the morning. Just sleep on it, and if it isn't corrected by the morning, call AT&T.

Also, you can test that texts actually make it to your iPhone if you can have someone you know on AT&T text you.

3. quat thread starter macrumors newbie

ok good, i hope so.

It's already been a day and a half.

I do get text messages from anyone who isn't a verizon user, sprint, at&t etc.

4. quat thread starter macrumors newbie

Today is day seven with no texts from verizon customers. I have opened up a trouble ticket with At&t and Verizon. They both are pointing the finger at each other. But At&t is at least trying to alleviate the problem. Verizon has hung up on me, and at&t technical support.

Apparently there is a third party system in place to send and receive SMS and MMS messages between carriers.

According to at&t this third party "metcalf" has not recieved any SMS or MMS from Verizon since the port. This indicates that the problem is in verizon's system. But they won't look into it.