Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winkingcat

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
An employee at the pioneer place apple store said that the line for an ipad2 starts at 10pm the night before and the line moves into the mall at 5:45am when the mall doors open.

kcmasterpiece

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
The search is over, for me at least.

Just got my ipad from the Jantzen Beach Target using the Target Python script. The employee at that Target said that they get more iPad shipments than any other Target.

I would recommend running that script. It is very accurate. I ran it this morning and no Target had them. I then ran it around 11:30am and there were a couple hits. As soon as I bought the last 32g wifi model, the website and script updated that there were no more available of that model. There are still some Verizon models left.

I went to Best Buy near the PDX airport earlier. They received a shipment, but they were all reserved for pre orders. Your best bet in Target.

Just cancelled my Apple order scheduled for April 30th delivery.

Good luck in your search.

p.s. I had to resist buying two to resell one on Craigslist. Scalpers annoy me.

iomatic

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2004
is there an online version of that tool?

and no, Anchorage is not exactly a day trip :)

Meh, i think i'll wait for version 3.

Just got my ipad from the Jantzen Beach Target using the Target Python script. The employee at that Target said that they get more iPad shipments than any other Target.

I would recommend running that script. It is very accurate. I ran it this morning and no Target had them. I then ran it around 11:30am and there were a couple hits. As soon as I bought the last 32g wifi model, the website and script updated that there were no more available of that model. There are still some Verizon models left.

I went to Best Buy near the PDX airport earlier. They received a shipment, but they were all reserved for pre orders. Your best bet in Target.

mapexvenus

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008

What is the ' Target Python script'??:confused:

adamha21

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Which do you think is a better option, Washington Square or Bridgeport Village? I'm thinking of heading over to one in the morning.

Bridgeport told me the line usually forms at midnight.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
Which do you think is a better option, Washington Square or Bridgeport Village? I'm thinking of heading over to one in the morning.

Bridgeport told me the line usually forms at midnight.

I heard Pioneer forms at 10 PM...

Maybe we just need to set up a group encampment somewhere. :)

adamha21

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
I heard Pioneer forms at 10 PM...

Maybe we just need to set up a group encampment somewhere. :)

I'm thinking of heading in tomorrow. I'm an hour outside of Portland. Was thinking of camping out around 6 am.

kcmasterpiece

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
What is the ' Target Python script'??:confused:

Just google "Target inventory tracker script.". If you aren't savvy with terminal scripts then just use the web based inventory tracker. The script basically scrapes the web tracker and automates the whole process.

willowest

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
Best Buy @ Jantzen Beach had 3 yesterday, all 3G. I was going to buy the black 64GB, but it was damaged in transit, so I bought the white one instead. They still had a white 16GB when I left there around noon.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
Yeah, Portland seems to be all out of iPad 2's right now...

If anyone sees a Black ATT 64 gig please let me know. :)

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
To muddy the waters a bit for those still looking...

I was told today that Pioneer Place is receiving shipments mid day. It was implied that they also handed them out mid day in addition to this morning.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
FYI - Best Buys inventory numbers in Portland seem to be currently cycling.

mapexvenus

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Any updates on availability at the Apple store in Washington Square? I am going to return the 16GB WiFi iPad 2 I bought last week and want to get the 3G version instead? Should I still go in to stand in line at 6 AM or has the situation improved?

joshuakarjala

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2008
What are the places to buy at in Portland? I'm from Denmark and travelling through on a roadtrip. So the combination of US pricing + no sales tax == lots of savings compared to Denmark.

Is it possible anywhere to get one without being there at 6am? I'm fine with a 16gb wifi.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
What are the places to buy at in Portland? I'm from Denmark and travelling through on a roadtrip. So the combination of US pricing + no sales tax == lots of savings compared to Denmark.

Is it possible anywhere to get one without being there at 6am? I'm fine with a 16gb wifi.

No where. There are none in stock in Portland.

iCHiRS

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Portland, OR
Finally got my iPad 2. I went to Bridgeport Village on Sunday the 3rd at around 7am. At 9 an employee came outside and said all the only models they had were the 64GB Verizon model in black. So I hauled ass to the Washington Square Apple store and BOOM!!! No one there and the had around 6 left. So I got my white 32GB AT&T model.....! :cool:

krnboy503

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Best chance to get one is to line up in the morning around 5-9AM at your local Apple Store (i recommend Bridgeport Village store in Tigard since Pioneer and Washington Square Apple stores are crowded).

I was there yesterday morning at 8AM and waited only an hour.. was 5th in line and got what I wanted :)

jdminpdx

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I spent an hour and 15 calling every retail outlet selling iPad 2's. I finally found 1 16GB black wifi only (which is what I was looking for) at the wood village walmart. I was told it was the only one they received.

For those looking, as of 4 PM pioneer place and Bridgeport had the 64 GB Verizon model in stock. That's it. When I called and said that isnt what I was looking for she said that nobody seemed to want them :D

rubycakes

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
FINALLY got my ipad 2 this morning at Bridgeport Village. I got there at 6:30 am and was 2nd in line. They came out with vouchers a little after 8am and must have had a dozen to twenty ipads. They only had wifi and AT&T 32g and 64g in black. Yesterday there were only 3 vouchers given.

This was my first morning out and got one. I wanted a 16g black ATT and had to "settle" for a 32g. Oh well. :) Have to explain that extra $100 to my wife tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.