Portland pioneer square

Discussion in 'iPad' started by epi117, Mar 16, 2011.

1. epi117 macrumors 6502

Was in line at 7:35 , store got only 15 verizon 3G models. So picked up a white 64 gig 3G , didnt really want 3G but at this point was just happy to get ipad.

Lots resellers in line, spoke to a few, who were buying to ship to asia.

Wished apple had stuck to using credit card only, resellers kinda piss me off.

2. goMac macrumors 603

Was in that line, but left. I need either ATT or Wifi.

Saw the resellers, managed to be ahead of a few in line...

Why are they sending the Verizons to Asia?

3. epi117 thread starter macrumors 6502

The resellers left when they were told its verizon only, same group people everyday, at least for the last three days that i have been there. So happy not to have to wait in line anymore.

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Why do you need ATT? I got the Verizon version and it's plenty fast here in Portland. Verizon actually has a better network around here than ATT does.

5. goMac macrumors 603

Traveling overseas.

My parents need an iPad as well, but they're unwilling to spring the extra for a Verizon model. I've told them if they want one soon they might have to.

6. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Ahhh. Of course. Then ATT is the only option. Check.

7. goMac, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

goMac macrumors 603

Target East Portland very shortly had stock of the wifi model today. Made it over there just in time to see the last out going on the door.

Curious to see if Pioneer Place will have any tomorrow. Other people are reporting that Apple Stores are not planning on having stock tomorrow.

8. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Interesting. I got a Verizon 32GB at Washington Square this morning. Wanted the 64GB but the guy in front of me got the last 64GB. Lots of resellers there also but most still bought iPads. I got the next to last one, probably a little over 20 they got in stock.

9. goMac macrumors 603

I'm trying to get a 64 gig black ATT for myself (less important), and a 32 gig wifi for my parents (more important.)

If the limit of 1 at the Apple Store rumor is true, I may be putting myself in a bind if they get all the models in stock. :(