Ports

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PurdueBoy, Nov 21, 2011.

1. PurdueBoy macrumors newbie

Do iMacs have hdmi ports so I can plug in game system,cable box, ect. and have them play on the monitor?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try looking at the specs as listed on Apple.com?

http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html

3. PurdueBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer. You are certainly a wealth of knowledge now how about you address the question and answer if any of those ports can be used in that way as well as any wifi airplay sort of solution that would allow that.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's not what you asked. You asked "Do iMacs have hdmi ports". If you want a different answer, ask a different question. Better yet, a search of the forum may find useful information:

iMac as xbox 360 monitor
    Anyone using the 2009/2010 iMac 27 as a display?

5. PurdueBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for a useless post you added 0 relevant information. 100% useless I would appreciate you not posting on my threads. Now can anyone else offer solutions via external hardware or software? Or if they make thunderbolt to hdmi since a dvi port is essentially a hdmi port or anything like that?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's only useless if you don't know how to click and read. I'll post in any thread I choose.

7. PurdueBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Exhibit B. Now since the apple display has many of the same ports as iMacs I assume it is possible? Anyone ever done this?