Position of headphone jack on new macbook pros

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dk808, Oct 28, 2016.

1. dk808 macrumors 6502a

Am i the only one kind of bothered by it being on the top right of the laptop? The main headphones I use have the audio cable connected on left side so the cable is going to lay on top of the keyboard. I can just switch the position of the headphones but I will use these for audio production so I need to have the left and right ears on the right position for panning audio.

The bottom left was a perfect position imo

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I prefer it on the right. Being right-handed, it's easier to plug and unplug with my right hand.

3. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I agree. My Sony VAIO Z has the headphone and microphone jacks on the bottom left as well. My main problem with the position of the headphone jack on the 2016 MacBook Pro is that it is so far back. They should have just done away with it all together. One less port to worry about.

4. dk808 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would be fine with it on the right if it wasn't so high up

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I prefer it on the right due to being right handed. I think it being in the back is annoying though. Attached peripherials will likely be behind the Mac, leading their cables away from the user. The headphones will always run toward the user of course, leading to cable battles.

I am ususally not in the Jobs worshipping crowd, but it feels like one of those details he would have caught.