Positive Apple care experience

Bhennies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
NYC & Baltimore
Hey,

thought I'd share a quick success story. My wireless keyboard was acting funny for a couple months...I got fed up with it...called applecare...got a new one next day free of charge...put the old one back in the included box with the preauthorized return label...called DHL (they came an hour later) and sent the old one back...all done within 24 hours. Not a penny out of my pocket and great service.

tykles

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2004
Colorado
glad to hear you had a good experience with them. I had an almost identical situation with my Airport Extreme Base Station, and also had a swift and painless resolution.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Wow, maybe I should get apple care for my 15" PB. Didn't want to get it since my G3 PB never gave me problems. However, I do not want to take the chance.

Thanks Bhennies and tykles for sharing. By the way, you both don't work for Apple right? Just kidding.

Again, thanks :)

tykles

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2004
Colorado
no, i definitely don't work for apple. re: pb's and applecare, the consensus seems to be that it's pretty much a necessity. with that said, there are also some interesting stories from people who said that they'd wait to make up there minds, and apple called them back with better offers. i just ordered a 15"pb myself, and i intend to hang out and see if they'll give me a break before i buy the extra 2 years.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
I got a box, shipped 1 day air to me 'cause my PowerBook had issues. DHL came yesterday (Monday) and picked it up.

I miss it.... :eek: :(

Southbridge

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2005
Astoria, NY
Bhennies said:
Hey,

thought I'd share a quick success story. My wireless keyboard was acting funny for a couple months...I got fed up with it...called applecare...got a new one next day free of charge...put the old one back in the included box with the preauthorized return label...called DHL (they came an hour later) and sent the old one back...all done within 24 hours. Not a penny out of my pocket and great service.
wait... but how much does it cost to buy a new keyboard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.