Positive Best Buy Experience..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SSpiro, Mar 11, 2011.

1. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Thought i'd post my experience since all the others i've read have been negative.

I had the choice of 2 Apple Store's, and 2 Best Buys. Each pair being on one side of the city from the other.. One BBY and AS on west side, and same on East side (Brandon FL). I had already heard from someone that the west side of town was insane, so headed east. Called the Brandon AS, and was told the line was 75-100+ at 11:30pm. Off to Best Buy I went.

Got there at noon. Guy at the entrance tells me that no line had been created, and that there wouldn't be one. I asked him to get the manager involved, because i wasnt about to let this possible positive experience to slip away. Manager setup a line, and.. I WAS FIRST. All the other stores in town (BBY, AS) were slammed with 50+ people in line, and NO ONE was at this BBY? NICE.

Waited the five hours, was very organized, well setup. Got out of there at 5:05 and skipped to my Jeep. BBY may have earned a customer from this experience, and the RZ points are nice too :)

2. omyard macrumors regular

Lies! How dare you speak such untruths!

Seriously, glad to hear you got one without any hassle. I drove by my local Best Buy at 11 and saw no line, but I feared potential disorganization so I went to the Apple store.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I went into work early so that I could get off before 5. I ended up at the local Best Buy at about 4:15. Probably ~#60 in line. They started handing out vouchers at 4:45 and I got the model that I was going for. Heavy emphasis on the B/W 16GB Wifi though..there were only 4 of my model (32-Black-AT&T). Line inside was a bit much..only 3 registers ringing out iPad customers. That part took about 45 minutes. I was out with my shiny iPad (for $30 cheaper thanks to RZ point redemption) at 6:00. :)

4. jw3571 macrumors regular

I had a great best buy experience as well. Went at 3:30pm, was around 35th in line. THe were out of black 64gb, but they had white. Very organized.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I was originally planning on hitting the A$ store, but since the reports had the line at 200+ by 3pm I hit the BB on a hunch. I was 8th in line and spent the next two hours chatting with the other dorks** in line. I was out the door by 5:15 and thought they handled everything quite well.

No regrets and I'm glad I didn't try for the A$ store.

6. TheXIIIth macrumors member

My experience at Best Buy was just as pleasant. I sort of wanted to get it from the Apple store across the road but by noon today there was already a line forming despite the temperature hovering around 37 degrees F. I opted to see what Walmart and Best Buy were doing. After having lunch I stopped by Walmart but they weren't sure how many they were getting or which models but there wasn't a line. I got to Best Buy at 2:15 EST and there was only 5 people in line. I went inside, looked around for 30 minutes, bought a magazine, went to my car and got my folding chair and got in line (#6). at 4:30 they came out, handed out the tickets based on the model you wanted and we were free to walk around at our leisure until 5. Once 5 clock hit they brought out the iPads and they had us form another line. They even opened 2 registers just for people buying the iPad.

7. diegosilang macrumors member

I had the same positive experience as well with BB. I initially intended to go to the Apple Store at Victoria Gardens Rancho Cucamonga California at 2pm but saw a twitter feed that lines were already long and that it was horrendous. So I decided to check out the BB at the same city. Lucky for me, I was the 20th person in line when I got there at 2:30 pm and the BB store even had chairs lined up and waiting for us line sitters for our comfort. So instead of standing, we were all instead passing our time sitting. The manager would even at occassion come out and talk to us and see if everyone was okay. The staff would also explain how the procedure will go, and handed out the tickets/vouchers on time at 4:30 pm.
    I was out of that place with my 3G Att 64 gb white iPad 2 at around 5:15 pm :D . Definitely was more organized and prepared than what I have experienced at the Apple Store last year during the iPhone 4 launch in my humble opinion.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I dont think anyone can beat my Best Buy experience. Walked into a Best Buy Mobile store at the mall at 5pm and overheard the girl say they had iPad 2's in stock. (Didn't even bother to think they had them). There was no line, only one other person in the store and he was getting an invisihield installed on his iPhone. So I bought an iPad for the heck of it. In and out in 5 minutes.

9. qb84 macrumors newbie

Well I had the most horrible experience at a BB yet. I got there early #4 in line. We start going inside and the guy tells me I can't buy one for my mom that she would have to pay it herself, so after a lot of back and forth and me getting upset because he was accusing me of being a reseller he said fine. So after waiting for 30 mins they bring the iPads and the guy said they had no more white ones. Grrrrr I was furious at that point because I had spent 3 hours under the sun for nothing. We asked him how come they ran out since we were 4th and they couldn't answer. Of course we noticed a few ppl skipped in front of the whole line which seemed to be friends with the manager :mad: . So he offers to give me the smart covers for free. I took the offer and without knowing the black one was more expensive I took it (they only had green orange and gray). At checkout the guy says he can't give me the black cover for free... So at that point I felt like not buying anything but then I would've wasted a day for nothing.

Horrible experience. Never going there again.

This was in Bird Rd. Miami, FL

10. vajeff macrumors member

My wife and I each had good BB experiences at two different BB's. I got to mine at 3, and walked out at 5:15 with iPad 2 in hand. They handed out tickets to the line (I was originally 6th in line, until the first guy in line let his wife who showed up around 3:45 join him... No one was happy with this guy) at 4:35. Got the 64GB ATT Blk that I came for.

My wife could not get to the one by her office until 5:00. She was out of there at 6:30 with the same model as me, except hers is white.

Neither of us had high pressure on any warranties, accessories,etc.