Positive Newegg Experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hobbit123, Mar 12, 2008.

1. hobbit123 macrumors newbie

I just switched to Mac when the penryns came out; picked up the 2.4 with the 7,200 rpm HD. So far I LOVE the computer and am so happy I bought it.

I decided to buy a 4 gig ram kit from Newegg.com since they had a $30 rebate, knocking the price down to $70 at the time.

When I went to print out the rebate form today I noticed that the cut off date for the rebate was 2/24, but they advertised the rebate when I bought it on 2/26.

I called them up, mentioned what happened and expected to have an argument. The woman said no problem and credited me for the $30.

I couldn't believe how easy it was. They certainly did right by me and I would recommend them in a heartbeat to others.

Just wanted to pass along my experience and mention once again how much I love my Mac!!!

2. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

My son orders from them all the time and has NEVER ever had a problem, as for Dad ordered twice and got outstanding service. NOTE: Macsales is great but I dont know if they price match. Sounds like you got a great deal though

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Its always next day for me because I live in NJ...problem is that I have to pay sales tax:cool:

5. cujoe86 macrumors member

They've been great. I've bought several thousands of dollars worth of items from them and have NEVER had a bad experience. Have been dealing with them since 2002 and have had the best online purchasing experience ever with them.

6. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

I've always had nothing but positive experiences with NewEgg. Been ordering from them for years. Built my last three or four peecees with them. Ordered a couple OEM XP discs from them last month for our iMacs. Probably going to order a scanner next month.

7. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

newegg always rules, glad you are liking your mac

8. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Yep, I've never had a problem with newegg. On the few occasions that I've received a faulty product, newegg got a replacement to me in two days or less. Their email and phone support are both top-notch.

9. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

My girlfriend and I are proud to say that we're probably putting every newegg employees' kids through college :)

Nothing but great experiences all around.
    Only thing I can think of as far as "that ain't right" was a DOA video card but was swapped no problem.

10. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

they've always been good by me. i like 'em. who could not? :)

11. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I order from NO OTHER PLACE than Newegg, and have for years. If I order using UPS 3 day, and it ships from their NJ warehouse (Im in NY) I actually get OVERNIGHT shipping. It is everytime like clockwork.

Great prices, great shipping and FAST. Never ever ever had an issue with them. Best place hands down. I would cry if they went out of business.

12. hobbit123 thread starter macrumors newbie

As a new Mac user, I have one other question. I just purchase VM Fusion from Amazon for $37 after rebates. Seems like a great price. Since I'll no longer be using my old PC, does anyone know if I can run the Windows XP CD I received with my Dell computer, it's an OEM copy, or do I have to go out and purchase a new copy of Windows?

13. phatcat macrumors regular

Newegg's great for most stuff. returns are a pita, and I dont' recommend buying mobo's from them. They won't take them back and instead refer you to the manufacturer.

recently I purchased a 4gb kit for a mac. they sent me a 2gb kit instead. they covered the return postage and full refund w/o problems. I still go to them. Their prices are best.

Regarding your Dell CD, it'll require a license key unless you have a Dell bios. So I doubt it'll work for you.