Positive Side to the External Antennae...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robotfist, Jun 27, 2010.

1. robotfist macrumors member

At first I was really upset with the iPhone 4 antennae flaw. Then I started thinking about it a bit more.

Ever since I broke my first iPod Touch, I decided to never use an iPhone or any other smart phone without a super durable case (Otterbox, etc).

When using a case with the iPhone 4 there will just be one layer of plastic between the antennae and the outside world, as opposed to two layers if it was embedded inside the phone itself.

Since I never plan on using the phone without a case, I think I'd rather have the antennae placed outside of the phone as it is (even with all the issues) then safely embedded inside the phone without the issues.

For all those people that like to use their phones bare, I can completely understand their disappointment. It sucks. But for the people that intend to use cases, the external antennae is actually a very, very good thing and not an issue at all.

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/5.0.019802/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

You like more radiation?

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

hahahahahahahaha

youre so misinformed. do you wear a tinfoil hat?

4. draz macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/5.0.019802/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Well the SAR rating is higher on the 4 vs 3GS.....

5. vbman213 macrumors 6502

Wow, you guys really shouldn't be worried about radiation. Do you have any idea how much RF we are exposed to everyday? Have wireless phones in your home? Microwave? Plasma TV? WIFI? Hell, even power lines in your house give off RF. What about cellphone towers? TV towers? Satellite signals? Do I need to continue? None of these are "good" for your body. But its gotten to a point where you can't avoid it, so why even try to?

If you are worried about carcinogens, then stop breathing. You know how much crap floats around in the air?