Positive Stories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bryan Bowler, Oct 21, 2008.

  1. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    #1
    In light of all complaints on here, I thought it would be nice to see something positive for a change. AT&T finally installed 3G in my area. It went live 5 days ago. I was pretty excited, but curious as to how my iPhone would perform after reading what seems like endless complaints in this forum on dropped calls and terrible battery life.

    For starters, I've been blown away by the coverage. I've been traveling through a 10 mile corridor and have had nothing less than 5 bars of 3G coverage. Before (on Edge), coverage was spotty in many areas. Now it's a solid 5 bars. I'm estimating that I've made between 50 and 60 calls in the last 5 days and each one has been crystal-clear and I haven't had a single dropped call. Now for the part that really surprises me...coverage in my office. Before, I was lucky if I got 2 bars on Edge. Now it's 5 bars of 3G in the office. Data pulls down like a champ. I have to travel deep into my building to our server floor before it finally drops to 3 bars of coverage. Even then, voice and data is no problem, although the noise from our server farm is. :rolleyes:

    Now on to battery life. I'm running 3G, Wi-fi, Push, and I leave Bluetooth on all the time. Location Services is turned off. On the first go-around, I dropped to 20% capacity after 4 hours and 48 minutes of use. (usage was primarily voice, wi-fi data, and a fair amount of 3G data) I'm now on my second charge since Saturday and I just hit the 20% mark after 4 hours and 32 minutes of use.

    My white iPhone has no light leaks, cracks, dead pixels, scratches or anything of the sort. If you had to search for an imperfection, you'll find a tiny portion of the plastic on one side that's not lined up perfect and causes a slight (and I do mean slight) raised edge. But I'm not a perfectionist.

    I'm jazzed with 3G so far and wanted to share my positive iPhone experience. Post your good experiences here too!

    Bryan
     
  2. Skeva31776 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2008
    #2
    Wish i had a positive story, but unfortunately i cant get a iPhone here in Cayman Islands!!!!:(
     
  3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

    kkat69

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2007
    Location:
    Atlanta, Ga
    #3
    Chalk up a happy iPhone3G customer here!

    Just got my ability to get reduced pricing on the 10th. Had an argument with wife to get this, she eventually caved in and I ordered it. Came nice an pretty. Had it delivered to my office and had everyone around me while I unboxed it. I cranked it up immediatly sent my wife a "nener ne ner ne ner" SMS and haven't been able to put it down since.

    This thing is amazing, the 3G speed when I get it is nice. There are places I end up with Edge but that doesn't bother me and fortunately my data plan is only 22 bucks (woohoo for premier accounts).

    The screen is gorgeous.

    Already 2 other guys in the office are going to get them and 1 is getting 2 (one for his wife as well).

    My wife even was caught playing with it. Unfortunately her number doesn't come up for discount pricing until Jan which is ok.

    Overall a 99% satisfaction and great experience thus far (and I'm picky about my electronics). The remaining 1% goes to pretty much what quite a few others have issues with, no landscape keyboard during email and SMS, and the lack of MMS. Those aren't deal breakers and I manage quite nicely without them.

    Heck I've even been banned by the wife from going to the App store LOL.
     

Share This Page