Positive story re. Dead Pixel and return (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by demic, Aug 11, 2010.

1. demic macrumors newbie

demic

I finally got a MacBook Pro (15" i7 Hi-Res Antiglare) on Sunday in the Buchanan St. store in Glasgow, something that I had wanted since the refresh. First MacBook of any sort...
    After doing some of the checks here then switching on the laptop and getting the white screen I got to check it. At first it looked like a speck of dust (bottom left aprox 10cm along, 7cm up) however on further inspection it looked like a dead/stuck pixel (grey in colour) so i boxed it all up then looked on here using MRoogle but found nothing re. what to do or returns policy (maybe not trying hard enough :)).

So here is what happened when I returned to the Apple Store, I hope this helps anyone with the same problem (esp. in he UK).

Staying calm, explaining what I'd found and what I thought it was, simply I got a new one, nothing was checked, the box wasn't opened, no questions asked. I have in the past been made to jump through hoops by companies (namely Sony) when their products have went wrong. i lost 3 weeks of product enjoyment due to bad workmanship (SONY!!!) and two visits to a workshop...
    14 day returns, no questions asked... & an appology from the guy who had delt with me.

Why have i posted this? To say - Apple you are given a hard time by a lot of people, your iPhone 4 may not be the best, I'm really not sure what the iPad is for yet and if you were any more secretive your only store would be in Narnia BUT I am sold on your customer service and I am so happy I have started buying your products, Thanks for giving me a 100% working machine without the heartache I was expecting.

2. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Congratulations on your perfect MacBook Pro ;)
    I went through 7 (!!) different MacBook Pros all with some kind of issue (dead pixels, stuck pixels, scratches, backlight bleeding) and they were all replaced within the 14 days at my local Apple Store. After that I got a refund and decided to wait (thinking that maybe it was just the first batch.. this was back when the 2010 models came out). I really seem to be an unlucky person, as I also went through 2 different iMacs (with yellow tinge screen issues) before getting a refund in January.

One thing is for sure, they will never make a fuss when you exchange / return something (in the UK.. in the US that's a different story with 15% restocking fee and all that).