Possibilit of Free stuff if we buy multiple?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Acee, May 25, 2010.

1. Acee macrumors newbie

So me and four other Fall 2010 college bound students (Seniors in HS) have decided to buy a 13" MBP in the next week or so to take advantage the BTS Promotion. What would we need in store to prove we are going to college next year seeing the colleges that we have been accepted to has not given us id's yet? Also is there a possibility that would would be given free third party accessories and such if we asked for it since we are spending a total of almost 8000?

Thanks!, any input is appreciated!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A bill or schedule usually works if it has the university letterhead.

No. You're already getting several discounts and your case is no different from anyone else buying a computer and spending a comparable amount of money.

3. Christina1971 macrumors regular

I also think it's unlikely you'll get anything, but there's no harm in asking, nicely. All they can say is no. You should have an idea of what you want rather than just coming in and saying "what can you give me for free?"

But unless you all are planning to put this all on one credit card, then it's not really an $8,000 purchase; it's just five people coming in together and each buying $1,600 worth of stuff. They don't know or care if you're friends or strangers or what.