Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt.O

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Connecticut
I was reading a few news articles recently that have stated that Apple has been working on a new product that is completely different from the current Mac line-up. Now this is just purely speculation at this point on my part, but I feel this would be the next logical step for Apple to take in it's current Mac lineup. We all know that Apple's greatest desire is to make the interface feel like it's living right outside a "window" for the user to just touch and make their own. My thought is the possibility for them to enter the Touch PC market with their own touch screen design would bring something to the current market that hasn't yet been seen by the competitors, reliability and cross iDevice experience unseen in the current market. The Touchsmart PC is truly an amazing device but they just don't seem to bring a hype to the market that lasts very long. Now enter Apple into the market and with their branding, well known high standards in quality and you have the ability to create something that will truly make people go crazy for the device like they already currently do with the current mac lineup and iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Now imagine this new touch based computer which just for fun we'll call the iTouch. Imagine that instead of the current interface between any iDevice requiring peripherals everything becomes fully touch based, offering across all the devices an experience similar to that seen in Minority Report. Such a device would literally allow you to drag the object from one screen to another giving the user an even greater more exciting feeling of that "window" experience that Apple strives to achieve. Again these are just my imaginings of what the new device could possibly be. I know the concept of this excites me as much as the initial launch of the iPhone and iPad. What are your thoughts on this? Do you like this idea and concept? Would you be willing to buy into this?

Last edited:

Matt.O

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Connecticut
Haha I wish I had that kind of influence in Apple. I have tons of ideas but I'm sure a lot of them have already been thought up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.