Possibility of a new BLACK macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pezjason, Sep 2, 2010.

1. pezjason macrumors newbie

With yesterday's release of the new black iTV it got me thinking...would Apple now do a new run of black macbooks? I sure hope so...what do you guys think?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I can't see it happening. Apple seem to be moving towards the aluminium for everything.

3. pezjason thread starter macrumors newbie

I would say that was the old trend two years ago. But this movement from an aluminum iTV to a black one is peculiar to me. I hope its the first step to an all-black-everything trend

4. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

It's all a cycle and just marketing really.

In the laptop market you'll see manufacturers all making black notebooks for a few years, then it goes to silver, then the combo silver/black ....

Now Apple is in the silver cycle ... they've been with the silver for a while now so I'd expect to see black mac laptops maybe not in the next revision but for sure the one after that.

They'll come up with some cool black color finish for the aluminum, maybe a 'black chrome' ... with this new metal technology they'll likely have good options for finish/color, but Apple's not an option company, likely go silver then black and so on.

Thinkpads sure stayed with the business black forever, they took a leap on the wild side with the Thinkpad Edge with lid color options.

5. robvas macrumors 68020

I wish they would do it again. A ton of people would sell their current MacBook and buy a new one.

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I didn't like the fact that all the accessories were white, looks all mismatched and whatnot. I like my black MacBook, but I got it with a white AC adapter, white remote, etc.

I guess I shouldn't complain, though, since all the new iPods come in different colors, but they've all got the same color accessories for it.

Maybe if they came out with MacBooks in different aluminum colors? Come on, LiquidMetal, let's see what you got!

7. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

You would think that would be the next logical step to start making their products black but I guess like always we will have to wait and see.

8. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The MacBook was aluminum already, identical to the 13" MBP:
    [​IMG]
    Then they came up with white polycarbonate unibody.

I really don't understand why they don't have a black unibody polycarbonate enclosure, though. The iPods come in anodized aluminum for quite a while now, why don't they do the same thing with the MacBook? It's not a serious working machine anyways, so why not give it a dash of color? Saw anodized aluminum laptops anywhere? Me nether. Go Apple, give us something new. Have a look at the iBook G3, even that one came in fife different colors:
    [​IMG]
    Now we can't even choose between black and white.

I don't know about the MacBook, but the old iBook was translucent acrylic with white paint. It would be only a matter of swapping paint to do a black one.

I would be fine with both black polycarbonate or graphite anodized aluminum. They have black polycarbonate at Foxconn for the :apple:TV, so it's just a matter of taking a bag of it and tilt it into the MacBook enclosure machine.

9. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

It would be awesome if there was, but it wouldn't really go very well with the other products, since they're mostly sliver/aluminium.