Possibility of a silent processor bump?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sparkko, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Sparkko macrumors newbie

I was thinking for a while yesterday about how little the iPod Touch was changed this year. As I was looking at the iPod's page I noticed that the processor and performance of the device was only mentioned once under battery life. Other that that the A4 processor is no longer boasted about on Apple's website. Before Oct. 4th the A4 was heavily boasted about be included with the iPod Touch. So I was thinking that maybe Apple was trying to get rid of all of their A4 chips in stock and silently bump the Touch up to an A5. I realized they might have stopped boasted the processor because its "outdated" now that the A5 is out. But its just a thought...:D

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no possibility of a processor bump until the next refresh, probably fall or 2012. The current models have the same processors as the ones introduced last year.

3. Sparkko thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course the year I had decided I was going to get the brand new iPod Touch Apple decides to disrupt the updating cycle so that the Touch isn't up to date on the latest hardware.
    :mad: I guess I'll wait until next year...

4. WLS macrumors 65816

+1 :mad: