possibility of getting refurb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nownot, Dec 8, 2008.

1. nownot macrumors regular

I have a mbp which i purchased in Feb or March, I've had problems here and there but there starting to add up. The reason I've been hesitant to take it in is b/c I need it for school / work / apps / everything, I'm sure it will take a week or two to get all these problems fixed, but I really cant be without my laptop for that long. I was wondering what is the possibility of me getting a refurb in store as a replacement instead of waiting a few weeks to get mine back. Thanks for any suggestions, here is a quick rundown of the problems:

isight is not working
    buzzing when scrolling
    dead pixels
    wont wake sometimes
    when i lower the brightness of the lcd sometimes it goes all the way down
    popping noise in speakers
    runs very very hot
    hd noise (like old hd crunching)

2. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Apple will not replace a computer with a refurbished one. I went through that situation two months ago and know that they will only replace with a new unit. If they have a new previous generation, you will receive it or a current product. It is up to them to attempt to fix or replace.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Ask at the store if there's a possibility of a loaner ... it's highly unlikely but I'm fairly sure I read a post a few months ago from someone who got the loan of a Mac for a few days while getting repairs done. It wouldn't do any harm to ask.

One thing before you do take it for repairs, make a clone of your hard drive, even if you have to go out and buy an external drive. You'll regret it if you don't.