Possibility Of Haswell Macbook Pro (non-retina)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gym Hellwig, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Gym Hellwig macrumors regular

Is it almost certain that the 2012 will be the last standard Macbook Pro? Or do you think there's a chance the 2012 gets a spec bump in 2013 to Haswell?

That would be a 1st day purchase for me. Pretty much the perfect "pro" laptop. Accessible HDD and RAM, DVD drive, great looks, and insane battery life and very good onboard graphics.

2. simsaladimbamba

There might be a 2013 cMBP, but since Apple has went on to remove the optical disk drive (ODD) from every Mac except the Mac Pro and MacBook Pro, the chances are very slim and Apple seems to like to move on to not user upgradeable computers with every iteration they make. It was SJ's ultimate dream back in the days anyway.

3. B... macrumors 68000

B...

It is possible, but the again, Apple might keep the cMBPs at IB to force the real pro users to upgrade to Retina (Air doesn't cut it for many professionals).

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I believe they'll keep it for a while.
    As some users still use the optical bay.
    Most people dont enjoy carrying around the external DVD drive.

5. Applefanboy8153 macrumors regular

Is apple trying to kill the cmbp?

I really don't think apple will kill the cmbp13 but of lately apple has been offering only 1 cmbp 15 model with base config and even that is pretty overpriced so are they paving the way for a cheaper rmbp 15 this June?

6. F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

Not certain at all. Personally, I expect to see the cMBP survive until there's the possibility of 1TB storage in the rMBP without needing to take out a mortgage!

TBH, I don't think Haswell will make that much difference.