POSSIBILITY OF USING WINDOWS AUDIO SOFTWARE WITH NEWEST iMAC + "LEOPARD" ?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Rolmix, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Rolmix macrumors newbie

Hello everybody! I'm really curious if there is a POSSIBILITY OF USING WINDOWS AUDIO SOFTWARE WITH NEWEST iMAC + "LEOPARD" ? For example, will I be able to install Cubase SX 3 with many VST instruments that I have and other audio software and work on iMac with newest OS "Leopard" which I believe supports windows software. I never used Mac before, but I wanna switch from PC to Mac and continue working with my audio software.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Windows software will not work on any version of OSX.

You can use bootcamp to make a windows boot if you have Windows XP SP2 and later.Then you could boot into Windows and use the software in Windows.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Leopard doesn't let you run Windows Software in it, but it does give you the option to install Windows alongside it which you could then install your audio software on. It's not exactly the same thing, you'd still have to boot into Windows to run your software.

4. Rolmix thread starter macrumors newbie

so, basically it means that i will be able to do everything that I did with PC on iMac as well? even install cracked software. all i have to do is to switch between these 2 OS?

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Please do not ask for help with cracked software on this forum.