Possibility unlocking iphone's legally for free

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hilu80, Feb 23, 2011.

1. hilu80 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm Hilu80 just joined and the reason is why today something pretty impressive happen I called up my Carrier today and had asked if there is a possibility of unlocing the iPhone 4 without jailbreaking or unlocking it illegaly and i was responded that it was possible and that they only need my IMEI and I had given it to them and the representative told me it would take 2 business days for a reply from apple and shortly enough after 2 hours or so i got a call back saying it was ready and just had to restore the whole phone and insert a different SIM card that wasn't from them and after hung up the phone I went and did it and when I finish restoring using itunes and I put a different micro sim from a different carrier short time after my phone was activated and tried many other SIM cards from other carriers and I even tried from a different country and worked perfectly. Now the fact is my Carrier was able to do it but I'm not quite sure it will work with others look i think give it a try it worked for me hopefully it works for others if any questions please reply!! :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

This will definately work with carrier that offer official unlocking.
    Unfortunatelly for people in the US that's out of the question.

3. hilu80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh and what if I have at&t iphone can I unlock it with other carrier?

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

no.

it can only be unlocked by the carrier that owns the original subsidy on it.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    Like said above, you will not be able to unlock any AT&T iphones.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why do you care about an AT&T phone since you're obviously on a non-US carrier?:confused:

7. hilu80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Because I have a friend that owns the AT&T version and i just was wondering if he was able to do the same as me

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Ah. You asked
    Thanks for clearing up the confusion.