Possible 2G Touch Screen Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wordslinger29, May 27, 2009.

1. Wordslinger29 macrumors member

I bought my 2G 16GB iPod Touch back in November. I just purchased a new iMac and received a free 8GB Touch which I gave to my wife. I was helping her set it up when I noticed the colors on the 8GB screen seem much more vibrant and warm. Now when I look at my 16GB it seems washed out. I set them both to the same brightness, but I can still see the difference. I never realized it before since I had nothing to compare the screen to.

What would cause the difference in color? Now when I use my iPod I keep wondering if there is something wrong.

2. Wishsong macrumors regular

Wait you can get a free touch when you buy a mac? I thought that was for college people only?

3. Wordslinger29 thread starter macrumors member

I go to school part-time at night to finish my bachelor's degree. I figured I should do it while I'm twenty-seven and have no children, or else it will never get done.

4. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

If they are that different, I would take them in to the store and show them. They may repair it or give you a new/refurbished one since it's still under warranty. The screens shouldn't be that noticeably different.
    Keep us up to date on what you end up doing.