Possible 3.0 bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spikescot2005, Jun 18, 2009.

1. spikescot2005 macrumors member

Updated some applications today with one being the Paypal app and this strange thing has happened.

[​IMG]

I tried a reset ect but nothing resolves it. Any ideas or is this a bug?

Attached Files:

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

it looks like it is overlaying part of the tap tap application onto that app. i saw someone who had static for all their app icons. this is weird and definitely a bug

3. TranceNW macrumors regular

Im very tired today, so it took me a long time to work out what the image was showing me haha.

That is definately a strange bug! Have you tried deleting the app and redownloading it?
    In the meantime, does anyone know where we can start reporting all of these bugs to Apple?

4. ppilone macrumors 6502

Back in beta 5 of 3.0 I had a weird bug where every app I installed the icon for that app would appear as the icon for a different app. For awhile my Youtube app icon was the same icon as my app that I was testing.

Could be the OP is seeing what remains of that bug - but since the GM and final release I haven't had the problem. So really my post says nothing important :rolleyes:

5. Loadmasher macrumors newbie

Did you try to delete the app from the phone and delete it from your iTunes and then download it from the App store again?

6. psudude macrumors newbie

One bug I think I found is that whenever I wake up my phone it asks me if it want to put it in airplane mode since it's connected to an incompatible accessory. Funny thing is that it isn't attached to anything !!!

7. spikescot2005 thread starter macrumors member

Yes i just tried deleting it, reset and then re-installed but still see the same. Tap Tap 2 is not even in the same place or on the next page.

8. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Same here for me I downloaded Fandago and it worked for a bit but now the icon changed to one of my game icons. I deleted it and reinstalled and it's still doing it. Oh well I guess I'll be watching this thread for a fix ?

9. heavensblade23 macrumors regular

10. nozebleed macrumors 6502

wow, i suprised that there are more people seeing this now. here is my deal, aim was uninstalled, and pandora and tweetdeck installed at the same time. synced from itunes. pandora and tweetdeck took on the aim icon, pandora looks as if it is being pressed (pic #1). uninstalled pandora from the phone, reinstalled from the phone. came back with the same icon. (pic #2)

can you say os 3.1

(this is on a 3G S. 32 gig)

Attached Files:

11. nozebleed macrumors 6502

Ive also had this bug. Another I had/have is if you choose a larger video to "Upload to YouTube" and quit before it is compressed, you can no longer play any videos, and it freezes the phone. reboot corrects it.

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm experiencing this bug in several different places. In the screenshots below, check out the icons for each of these apps:

Air Sharing, Bloomberg, Evernote (this one is showing the US Open app's icon and that is an app that I deleted today - it's even "faded" looking as if it's open), Assistant, Shazam, Zagat '09. I also tried rebooting my phone but the wrong icons remain.

Attached Files:

13. vtmikevt macrumors regular

had the same bugs with icons being wrong. Hard restart didn't fix it either. I had to delete the apps and re-install them from the app store. Haven't had the problem since.

On a 32GB 3GS

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I just tried deleting Shazam and reinstalling it and it still shows the wrong icon (Evernote). This has to be some kind of bug and Apple needs to fix it.

15. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Restarting the phone has always worked for me.

16. periahdark macrumors member

periahdark

That sort of happened to me. Difference is that it was attached to somehting, but it was the 3G dock. And no third party one either, the official one from Apple. It was an iPhone 3G btw, not a 3G S

17. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Reboot did not work. I deleted all of the apps from my phone, re-synced and now they are all fixed except for Air Sharing. Is anyone else having a problem with the AirSharing icon?

18. martymcr macrumors member

Apps showing wrong icons

I've just experienced this on my 3GS - My LogMeIn pa now has the icon for BarCodeScan - an pap I no longer have installed.

tried rebooting, hard reset etc, but still a problem.

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm still trying to figure out if there's any kind of pattern to this. For everyone who is experiencing this "bug", did you restore your 3GS from a backup of your jailbroken 3G? I did and I'm wondering if that might the cause of the problem (doesn't seem likely but you never know). I do have 2 battery meters showing (% and regular battery meter) so I know that restoring from a jb backup can cause problems.