possible 3g iphone bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevjen888, Jul 31, 2008.

1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

I was able to paired up my 3g iphone with my 08 bmw 535i two weeks ago and it has been working very well until this morning. it seems now the bluetooth connection between the car and the phone got lost. I tried to unpaired the connection and re-establish it again but the iphone would just display "searching" under the "Devices". anyone out there has this similar problem? thanks.

2. z400central macrumors regular

I am having the same problem with my 3G iPhone on my Audi. Worked fine then just stopped automatically pairing when I got into the car. I have to re-pair EACH time if I want it to work!

This not only happens with my car, but with my headset now.

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

My 2007 X3 has an echo, but it does connect. Try restarting the phone, and also the car, and see if the phone pairs. It should.

4. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I do have the same problem in my 2007 Lexus IS350.

5. myemaildw macrumors regular

I can't pair my iPhone with any computer or headset besides the apple one. I already gave it up with iphone bluetooth. Apple's limited iphone's bluetooth capabilities seriously.
    A side note, my cheap Sonyericsson pairs with anything that has bluetooth

6. Baxterdown macrumors newbie

Thank God! I thought I was the only one!!! I went to the Apple store today (for something else) and asked a genius about the echo. I asked if I should wait for the (not soon enough) upcoming update, he said not to; that the problem was most likely hardware and he ordered me a replacement phone (they are out of them at the store).

By the way. I have tested my 3G phone in my ML, my partner's E-Class and a C-Class loaner I got last week when my car was in the shop. Echo on all three cars... My partner's 2G phone with 2.0 software works fine in both our cars.

7. Baxterdown macrumors newbie

I got the replacement phone today. Not good news. The echo is still there. So, it's not a hardware issue. It's got to be software/firmware or in other words ANOTHER FREAGIN' BUG!!!! Ugh! This is getting old! :mad:

8. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

Why do you think it's not hardware? I'd put a guess that it's the 3G radio in the iPHone 3g. If you have a friend who has a 3G BT phone, try pairing that with the car and see if you get a similar buzz.

9. dragon20 macrumors newbie

dragon20.

I have just bought a 3g phone and have tried to pair it with my Honda Accord but phone will not pair with my car has any body got an answer please.:

10. mrdinh macrumors regular

i have the same prob with my iphone 3gs and kenwood ddx616 car stereo...most of the time both are automatically connect when i turn on the car...other times i have to turn on the connection manual thru the phone..annoying..no help found yet!