Possible 3G iPhone Issues at Launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chutley, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Chutley macrumors newbie

I have had my sights set on buying the new 3G iphone for some time and do not have the 2G. Some people keep suggesting to wait a month or two until all the early adopters run into the initial problems and have apple work the kinks out for the later purchasers.

I've been waiting long enough and am not that into the idea of waiting, but I was wondering what issues the iphone 2g encountered in its first few months after launch and if they were minor things that apple fixed for purchasers quickly and free of charge. I essentially want to know what risks I may run buying the phone on launch and if issues come up, if can I rest assured that they will not affect my long term use of the phone.

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

If there are any issues you'll be able to get a quick update with your iTunes anyways. No worries.

3. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

And/or if there are hardware problems you can give Applecare a call and they will fix/replace it for you under warrenty.

4. animenick65 macrumors 6502

The hardware and software changes between the first gen and second gen device are fairly small. The inards of the iPhone have probably remained mostly the same. With apple, there is no such thing as getting a lemon. If you so happened to get a screwy device, bring it to an Apple store at anytime and you will get another. No worries about being an early adopter.