Possible 8.3-8.4 Jailbreak 9th June?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adammacleod, Jun 5, 2015.

1. adammacleod macrumors member

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Thank you for the Link.

As with other previous chatter I'll be watching.

Currently on iOS 8.1.2 Jail Broken and content.

Hope this comes to fruition for those patiently waiting.

3. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Awesome news!
    Question: can we wait till iOS 8.4 is released to update our jailbroken devices to iOS 8.3? I mean, how long is the frame open that let's us do this? Because I only want to update when Pangu actually releases the jailbreak, after the WWDC.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Well, in a first few days after the release of 8.4, most probably, Apple will still be signing 8.3, so that shouldn't be a problem. But, what I don't understand is, why would you update to 8.3, when 8.4 is there ???

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sigh. This was so long in coming that now it's anti-climatic for me. While waiting, I ended up with a new phone that has 8.1.2 (which I promptly jailbroke).

So, now, my old 5 which I wiped and restored as new to 8.3 no longer has cell service. I will still jailbreak it when this comes out but for me the wait ended over a week ago.

6. adammacleod thread starter macrumors member

I was jailbroken on 8.12 on my 5s but I got a iPhone 6 which came with 8.2 so been jailed for too long

7. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Depends on if the jailbreak supports the latest OS. I would assume Apple plans to release 8.4 then as well and who knows how long the signing window will be open for 8.3. Of course they're going to need to test it on the final version of 8.4 so I'd probably hold off on any sort of updating until an actual tool is released (if at all.)

8. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I really hope this is true as I am monumentally pissed off that I'm losing my JB when my Watch arrives Monday .

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

The music app is diferent. Thats the reason im staying on 8.3 instead of updating.

10. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Yes, tomorrow I'm jailbreaking (as long as the jailbreaking gods permit). :oops:

11. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

different in a bad way?

12. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Well I prefer the old layout. It's easier to find sub categories in my opinion.

13. Skription macrumors newbie

I have never really jailbroken my device before. I had my iPhone 5 for a few months and never really decided and didn't like jailbreaking. I just want to customize my device. I'll be watching this thread.

14. ntegra macrumors regular

If 8.4 is jailbreakable I'm swinging over to the Apple Store to pick up a 6+

15. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Exciting times ahead for you then.

If you haven't already then I'd suggest doing a little bit of homework on Jail Breaking , some popular tweaks and theming etc.

Also on what to do if something glitches.

16. Skription macrumors newbie

Don't know what to work on.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

What he's meaning, is think about what problems or issues a stock iPhone presents to you that you would like jailbreaking to solve. Once you know what problems it is that you want jailbreaking to solve you can look for tweaks that will solve the problem.

Once you have a list of tweaks you want you may wish to see if Google tells you there are any conflicts between them. Once you're jailbroken then you have your list and you know which ones you can/can't install.

That is preferable to just installing anything you see on Cydia without knowing anything about it. Lots of jailbreaks have been lost because a common newbie jailbreaker mistake is to just install stuff without thinking about it.

Cydia is not like the app store where Apple vettes things for you. You have to do your own checking to make sure things aren't going to mess your device up. And lots of old tweaks and apps remain on Cydia for every version of iOS. That's because there are still people jailbroken on old versions of iOS. Not every tweak will run on new versions of iOS and I've seen some old tweaks completely mess things up for people.

18. Skription macrumors newbie

alright

19. airfrancisco macrumors regular

Looks like we could be waiting til late June on 30th for release of 8.4 then pangu can release a little after that?

20. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

I really hope they release a JB tomorrow. I didn't realize how much I utilized my tweaks until having to use my phone on 8.1.3 after swapping it at the Apple Store.

21. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yeah. 8.1.2 for life lol

22. ntegra macrumors regular

Most likely. I'm assuming the jailbreak will be released shortly after the release of 8.4, which is will be within the next 2-3 weeks.

We'll be able to jailbreak before 4th of July weekend, I can feel it.

23. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Thanks for the news everyone looks like I'm making a genius appointment next Sunday to get my battered 8.3 iP6+ exchanged.

24. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

When this comes out it will be my excuse to downgrade from ios 9 :D

25. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Any movement on this? I'd really like to re-jailbreak my phone.