Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Thank you for the Link.

As with other previous chatter I'll be watching.

Currently on iOS 8.1.2 Jail Broken and content.

Hope this comes to fruition for those patiently waiting.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
Awesome news!
Question: can we wait till iOS 8.4 is released to update our jailbroken devices to iOS 8.3? I mean, how long is the frame open that let's us do this? Because I only want to update when Pangu actually releases the jailbreak, after the WWDC.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Well, in a first few days after the release of 8.4, most probably, Apple will still be signing 8.3, so that shouldn't be a problem. But, what I don't understand is, why would you update to 8.3, when 8.4 is there ???

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sigh. This was so long in coming that now it's anti-climatic for me. While waiting, I ended up with a new phone that has 8.1.2 (which I promptly jailbroke).

So, now, my old 5 which I wiped and restored as new to 8.3 no longer has cell service. I will still jailbreak it when this comes out but for me the wait ended over a week ago.

adammacleod

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
I was jailbroken on 8.12 on my 5s but I got a iPhone 6 which came with 8.2 so been jailed for too long

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Awesome news!
Question: can we wait till iOS 8.4 is released to update our jailbroken devices to iOS 8.3? I mean, how long is the frame open that let's us do this? Because I only want to update when Pangu actually releases the jailbreak, after the WWDC.
Depends on if the jailbreak supports the latest OS. I would assume Apple plans to release 8.4 then as well and who knows how long the signing window will be open for 8.3. Of course they're going to need to test it on the final version of 8.4 so I'd probably hold off on any sort of updating until an actual tool is released (if at all.)

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Well, in a first few days after the release of 8.4, most probably, Apple will still be signing 8.3, so that shouldn't be a problem. But, what I don't understand is, why would you update to 8.3, when 8.4 is there ???
The music app is diferent. Thats the reason im staying on 8.3 instead of updating.

Skription

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2015
I have never really jailbroken my device before. I had my iPhone 5 for a few months and never really decided and didn't like jailbreaking. I just want to customize my device. I'll be watching this thread.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2010
If 8.4 is jailbreakable I'm swinging over to the Apple Store to pick up a 6+

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I have never really jailbroken my device before. I had my iPhone 5 for a few months and never really decided and didn't like jailbreaking. I just want to customize my device. I'll be watching this thread.

Exciting times ahead for you then.

If you haven't already then I'd suggest doing a little bit of homework on Jail Breaking , some popular tweaks and theming etc.

Also on what to do if something glitches.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Don't know what to work on.
What he's meaning, is think about what problems or issues a stock iPhone presents to you that you would like jailbreaking to solve. Once you know what problems it is that you want jailbreaking to solve you can look for tweaks that will solve the problem.

Once you have a list of tweaks you want you may wish to see if Google tells you there are any conflicts between them. Once you're jailbroken then you have your list and you know which ones you can/can't install.

That is preferable to just installing anything you see on Cydia without knowing anything about it. Lots of jailbreaks have been lost because a common newbie jailbreaker mistake is to just install stuff without thinking about it.

Cydia is not like the app store where Apple vettes things for you. You have to do your own checking to make sure things aren't going to mess your device up. And lots of old tweaks and apps remain on Cydia for every version of iOS. That's because there are still people jailbroken on old versions of iOS. Not every tweak will run on new versions of iOS and I've seen some old tweaks completely mess things up for people.

Skription

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2015
What he's meaning, is think about what problems or issues a stock iPhone presents to you that you would like jailbreaking to solve. Once you know what problems it is that you want jailbreaking to solve you can look for tweaks that will solve the problem.

Once you have a list of tweaks you want you may wish to see if Google tells you there are any conflicts between them. Once you're jailbroken then you have your list and you know which ones you can/can't install.

That is preferable to just installing anything you see on Cydia without knowing anything about it. Lots of jailbreaks have been lost because a common newbie jailbreaker mistake is to just install stuff without thinking about it.

Cydia is not like the app store where Apple vettes things for you. You have to do your own checking to make sure things aren't going to mess your device up. And lots of old tweaks and apps remain on Cydia for every version of iOS. That's because there are still people jailbroken on old versions of iOS. Not every tweak will run on new versions of iOS and I've seen some old tweaks completely mess things up for people.
alright

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
Looks like we could be waiting til late June on 30th for release of 8.4 then pangu can release a little after that?

Reactions: Jumpie

Boogsephine

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I really hope they release a JB tomorrow. I didn't realize how much I utilized my tweaks until having to use my phone on 8.1.3 after swapping it at the Apple Store.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2010
Looks like we could be waiting til late June on 30th for release of 8.4 then pangu can release a little after that?

Most likely. I'm assuming the jailbreak will be released shortly after the release of 8.4, which is will be within the next 2-3 weeks.

We'll be able to jailbreak before 4th of July weekend, I can feel it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.