Possible Airport Express problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sprehodec, Mar 25, 2008.

1. sprehodec macrumors member

sprehodec

Hi,

me and my girlfriend both have MBP 17" and we also use aiport express for a wireless network at home. Few weeks ago, almost at the same time, our macs started freezing for some unknown reason. I've reinstall leopard to try if it has something to do with that but still i have the same problem. It happens to both of us so is there anyway that something is wrong with airport express, cause i can't find any other problem. :eek: :confused:

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

It's doubtful that the AE would cause the freezing. Have you tried resetting it?

3. kolax macrumors G3

Define freezing. Does the whole computer lock up and the mouse freeze on the screen, or do you get a message in a bunch of different languages telling you to restart the computer (kernel panic).

The Airport Express won't cause this. It is either a software problem or a hardware defect.

Give us more information on scenarios based on the problem so we can try to diagnose it.

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

how i suggest you should go about diagonising problem

1) use both machines on another wireless network together
    2) use both machines on an ethernet network together
    3)use only one machine on the AE at a time and see..

5. mactastic1971 macrumors regular

mactastic1971

I was buggering about with my airport network last night.
    I had to update the firmware on both my AE 802.11n and my older AE 802.11g before I got my network up and running. Perhaps you should try that. I'm sure there will be a way to check in the "Airport Utility" software.

Give it a whirl!

Cheers
    M.

6. mactastic1971 macrumors regular

mactastic1971

I just checked.
    You should be using firmware v7.3.1

Cheers
    M.

7. sprehodec thread starter macrumors member

sprehodec

yes, my both MBP have the same symptoms, they freeze for some reason and i have to restart it by holding power button. As i said, i reinstalled leopard and that problem kept happening, not always, sometimes i don't have any problems for days and then all of a sudden it happens for a few times.
    Now i'm using some unknown access point, just for few days to see if it really cause of AE.
    thanks for helping ppl :)
    hope i'll solve this problem.