Possible Apple.com trick for order!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HE15MAN, Jun 15, 2010.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Try clearing your internet history and cache completely.

The first time I did that everything worked flawlessly!

After 11 hours I finally have my 32gb iPhone 4 :)

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I was trying that earlier without any luck... but after 10 hours I was able to finally get my reservation through so anybody still having problems just needs to be persistent!! You can do it!

3. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

4. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me.

5. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

I spent all day at work trying on 3 different computers, using 3 different browsers (yes, I need to get a life). I came home, jumped on my Mac/Safari and BOOM, first try...

Could be that demand on the servers finally decreased, but I reckon apple's "servers" gave my system priority.

6. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Just tried with no luck :(

I think you just happened to get lucky and it just happened to work after you did that.

I've been trying for almost 12 hours now. The closest i got was after choosing pricing then it said, "please wait while we process your request" for 40 minutes straight and i figured it was going nowhere so i closed it. havent gotten that close since...

7. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I just got my order in less than 5 minutes ago. The tax kind of hurt, but I finally got in for a black 32GB iphone 4 from apple.com shipped for 371 dollars (I also got a 3 pack of dock adapters). I've been trying since 1 AM PST.

Just keep trying. I did it on my iPad with safari, one tab, and 3G. It's laborious, but you'll get it eventually good luck. Don't fall for any error message. Just keep restarting. No need to clear cache at least I didn't.

8. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Finally got the pre-order in after stopping for about 3 hours.

9. interceptor47 macrumors member

I have also been trying all day with no luck. I tried this trick and it actually worked! Shipping to my house on the 24th.

10. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I tried from 4:00 am Eastern (that's when I get up anyway) until about 1:00 pm on both the Apple site and the ATT site. The closest I got was clicking on 'Add To Cart' on the Apple site after which I got a 'Session Expired' error. Finally gave up and went to an ATT store and in about 30 minutes (waiting + ordering) had a 32 g on order.

Came home and about 6:00 pm thought I'd see what Bumpers were available. Ordered a black one and after I clicked Add To Cart guess what I saw, a cart with a Bumper AND an iPhone 4 in it! All day long I tried to display my Cart at the Apple site with no luck. I removed the iPhone 4 and ordered my bumper.

Today was an epic FAIL for both ATT AND Apple.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Ha! Exact same thing with me. I tried online when I got to work and sporadically through the day (hey, I have a real job) with no success. I got through to a guy at Apple I talked to the other day and he offered to call me when the system was back up, which was pretty cool. I just waited until I got home, and with a minor hiccup was done in about 10 minutes. The only thing I'm a bit off on is the fact that it wouldn't let me ship to my office, but it may be that the servers are still so jacked that it would kill them to try and process info changes. I have a week, it can be sorted out.

12. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

Wow, you really did have the same experience as me - I talked to a rep who offered the same exact thing! They force you to ship to your billing address as a way of deterring scammers. If you can't be home for the arrival, just leave a note for UPS to leave it on your porch or with your neighbors.