possible apple store job

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ratattak, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ratattak macrumors member

So last Tuesday (ha, of course on a Tuesday!) I had an interview at my local Apple store. I know how incredibly hard it is to get in, so I wasn't completely confident. I wasn't discouraged either, just kinda open to the idea. Monday, a manager called to have me come in for a final interview. Great! What I found strange is that after getting off the phone with him, I get an email asking my info and consent for a background check. Typically, when a job runs an background check on you, unless you have negative info on it, you have the job. What do you all think?

So excited!! The final interview is on Friday. Some friends think they will just make the offer then but I doubt a bg check will come back THAT fast. In my experience, it usually takes about a week. And no, I have nothing negative on my file. no criminal, nothing but a speeding ticket a couple years ago. Wish me luck.

2. arnop macrumors regular

arnop

Having a background check doesn't always mean you've got the job. In my opinion, it means that they're interested in your profile and wanna make sure what you told them is true. Good luck anyway !

3. ratattak thread starter macrumors member

So, i finally got a call back and they offered me the job; I start next week. I'm sooooooo excited.

4. Paintball613 macrumors member

Background check is standard, don't fret it. I had to do one after my seminar.

5. Basementviking macrumors newbie

Basementviking

I have a petty criminal record from my teens and once awful credit. I have yet to be denied employment or housing based off my background checks.

For employment at the retail level, they are looking for felonies, and theft. The higher up you go the more interested in your credit they will be.

6. v5point0 macrumors member

v5point0

That was really fast. I am still waiting for mine. I was told in it would take 6 weeks and it is coming close to that. My friend's process almost took 2 months.

7. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

You have a job interview with Apple?

don't forget to show them this thread...... :rolleyes:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1046901

8. v5point0 macrumors member

v5point0

Omg you are a stalker and you say you worry about Google's Privacy issues?

Well I haven't signed any papers yet indicating that I am not entitled to voice out my opinions and by the way, the last time I check people are entitled to voice out their opinions, even Apple Employees.

More over you are making a post on an internet forum outside of your work time.

9. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Chillax dude. Just recognised your name and laughed.

Good luck with the Job :)

10. v5point0 macrumors member

v5point0

Thank you for Googling me, or did you use Yahoo or Bing instead, lol.

11. gollum macrumors regular

Just don't tell them you ever surf a Mac related forum, the kiss of death for a Apple interview.