Possible Apple to live-stream Oct. 4 event?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MRiOS, Sep 29, 2011.

1. MRiOS macrumors regular

I've seen many threads wondering about certain aspects of the invitation graphics and what might be unveiled next tues, but I haven't heard anything about a possible live-stream of the event on Apple.com. Just recently there was an article posted on the iOS Blog about the Covent Garden retail store in London closing early to possibly facilitate a press gathering. Having known Apple to live-stream at least one other event like this in the past, it stands to reason that they might possibly do it again. This could also possibly be the reason for hosting the event in Apple's Town Hall auditorium. Invite an exclusive group of Press to watch the live event and then live-stream the event to everyone else in the world.

So what do you think are the chances that on Sunday or Monday that Apple will announce a link to watch a live stream of the event?

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I emailed Tim and asked him but he didn't respond. :(

3. z3r0inc macrumors regular

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Hopefully they will like how they did for the first iPad release, and only watchable on Apple products!

5. Neocron macrumors member

It was only watchable on apple products? really? heh.. didn't know that - but a live stream would be awesome ;)

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It wasn't only available on Apple products. It was streamed using HTML5.

7. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

That streaming event is for members of the press only. They've streamed to press in the U.K before, it was the BBC offices for the iPad 2 event, if i'm not mistaken.

I doubt there will be a stream for this, the last time they streamed an event was the "Back to the Mac" event in October 2010 and they've had to two events since then. I think those streams might have been done as some sort of preliminary stress test for the NC data centre.

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I wish, but I think it's unlikely. Too many downsides and not enough benefits. Streaming the presentation wouldn't net them any additional sales, and it might cause bad press if the process doesn't go smoothly. Why would they risk it?

9. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Well that's what I remember and I guess I got that wrong!? :confused: I kinda remember my dad couldn't watch it on his PC, and me on the other hand could on my iPhone and MBA!

----------

Well NO cuz no mater what Apple always release the video on apple.com and itunes! So I don't think it will do any bad press and what not.

10. Krandor macrumors 6502

Slim to none. Even when Jobs did them, they rarely streamed them. Given that this will be Cook's first one, almost no way.

11. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

So Apple is setting up a livestream in a single store for select press in the UK only, and you think that's a sign that a livestream will be available to everybody?

:rolleyes:

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Or it could be yes way. Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs. He may want it streamed as it is his grand opening.

13. z3r0inc macrumors regular

Maybe. But a press conference is still a press conference regardless of who presents.

As a side, sometimes I worry that they won't even stream the event after the event is over. I think there were a few times this has happened. Now I am scarred for life and fear that I won't be able to watch, live or not after every event.

14. kocoman macrumors regular

What sites is doing live blogging of this event?

15. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Endgadget will.