Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I am trying to set up printing from my iPhone using Readlle's Printer Pro. I am on a university though and all the printing software is from the university and there is a Pharos pop-up where I must input my username and password. I was thinking maybe I could write an AppleScript that would automatically input my username and password when the pharos popup is initiated, so that it could run even when I wasn't in front of my computer. I unfortunately do not have AppleScript knowledge so I was wondering if maybe someone could help me with this?

Thanks,
Telp

Last edited:

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I changed the content of the original post so maybe someone will be able to answer now, thanks.

kryten2

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2012
Belgium
I changed the content of the original post so maybe someone will be able to answer now, thanks.

I would first ask one of your fellow students if perhaps someone has already written such a script because I and I think the majority of forum members are not attending class at your university. I'll post a link with more information on Graphic User Interface (GUI) Scripting. Notice the info about UI Browser on the right hand side of the page. You definitely going to need it. It has a trial period so make use of it.
It can be done but it's going to take a little effort on your part.

Info: http://macosxautomation.com/applescript/uiscripting/index.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.