Possible Battery Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoeShades, Jul 25, 2015.

1. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

I finally got my Ipod touch today, it was only 50% of battery left so i charged it after using it for awhile. When i charged it the battery was down to about 15% , i have had it plugged in now 3 hours and i am confused about something. When my ipod 4 was fully charged the icon up top went from a lightning bolt to a plug, but after 3 hours i still see a lightning bolt up top near the battery indicator. Is there a problem or is this the way it is for this version??

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

It is normal to get new devices out of the box with the battery on a partial charge.
    This could simply be a "first charge" - nothing to worry about yet...
    Use it for a few days, give your iPod an opportunity to charge a few times.
    If you still have the same question after a week, give AppleCare a call, or talk to a "genius"

3. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

My 6g does that and my 5g also would never show the plug icon that said 100%. I have to use an app to tell me that.

4. JoeShades thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stupid for apple to remove the plug icon as an indicator, I just downloaded an app , battery HD + and it says 100% charged.......but then when i unplugged the charger it says 99% :confused:

5. JoeShades thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well i got 5 hours from the battery . Recharging to 100% took less than 90 minutes, that seems way too quick