Possible bricked iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tehreflex, Sep 15, 2010.

1. tehreflex macrumors 6502

This iPhone was never jailbroken.

My girlfriend and I bought our iPhone 4s on launch day. Hers just went out a couple nights ago. Plugged it into charger, went to use it a lil bit later and it wouldn't come back on. Tried plugging it into laptop, DFU Mode, etc... nada.

We didnt' buy the Applecare warrantys

Will the Genius bar make her buy a new iPhone 4 or maybe a replacement?

She thinks they'll make her buy a new one, but I said to go in and be polite and friendly and they'll most def help her out (that's been my experience).

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no such thing as a bricked iPhone. DFU can always be gotten into, barring hardware damage. If the water sensors are still white, the Genius Bar people will replace it for free.

3. tehreflex thread starter macrumors 6502

Well hardware damage is a bricked iPhone. I know outside of hardware, an iPhone is near impossible to brick. You can always DFU mode and restore.

She thinks it may have been a short that caused it to happen. First thing I told her over the phone was DFU mode but that didn't work.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sometimes getting into DFU is tricky.
    Gotta keep trying till you time it right. And if still nothing bring it in for an exchange.