Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nath4n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
It appears that there is a small bug involved in having more than 8 applications runnings when using the multitasking bar in the latest version of Auxo.

While the issue has been highlighted in this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1537632/
That thread was originally started to discuss the small quirks of incompatibility between Auxo and Zephyr so I thought I'd start a new one to highlight this particular issue.

Basically if you have more than 8 apps open and scroll to the right past #8 on the Auxo multitasking bar, any further apps will have black thumbnails, what is more frustrating however is that what also happens once you've scrolled past app #8 is that the first 1-8 apps also seem to randomly lose their thumbnails too and go back to black. Auxo works perfectly if you have 8 or less apps running but once you have more and start scrolling past app #8 in the auxo bar the thumbnails go a bit haywire.

Is this issue a conflict with another app such as Zephyr (which I also have installed), or is it just purely a bug in Auxo full stop? Can anyone confirm that they do not have this black thumbnail issue with Auxo when scrolling between more than 8 apps in the multitasking bar?
I bought and downloaded Auxo from Cydia so piracy can be ruled out, however as I didn't notice it before installing other apps I cannot rule out the possibility of a clash with another app - unless anyone can confirm they don't experience this bug. ;)

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Auxo is pretty sweet. I don't even really care about the thumbnails, personally, I just really like the toggles, and music section, as well as swiping down to close apps.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Auxo is pretty sweet. I don't even really care about the thumbnails, personally, I just really like the toggles, and music section, as well as swiping down to close apps.

Is the toggles like sbsettings but on the bottom?

mpgolfpro

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
The other thing that bugs me with Auxo and is related to the black thumbnails, is when you swipe up with Zephyr to close an app. I have been doing this to get back to the home screen, instead of tapping the home button. However, whenever you do this, Auxo I guess shows that you have closed the app and it now shows a black thumbnail. I wish it would still show a preview, even after swiping up with zephyr.

Other than that, Auxo and Zephyr combined are amazing. My home button is almost useless now, which is a good thing!

gburnham

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
What's that in GMT? It's 8.40PM here ATM

Google has a nice shortcut to checking UTC.

Looks like it's a couple of hours behind the intended release hour, but that could be BigBoss being slow to update due to working on other issues related to evasi0n traffic.

Resante

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Auxo is the first app I've bought from Cydia (just got it today) and to hear an update is being presented this quickly is great. Other than the thumbnail issue I'm very impressed with it.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
For anyone using Auxo on an iPhone 5, are all of your toggles working correctly? My 3G toggle does absolutely nothing. It doesn't turn off LTE (what I was really hoping it would do), and it doesn't turn off 3G and bump me down to edge. The vibrate toggle is also extremely flaky. That one isn't as huge of a deal for me, but it is annoying. I know there is an update later today that should fix the issue with toggles not reordering themselves, but I'm curious if this is another bug with the toggles or something specific to me. I had to try like 10 times in Cydia to get the install to go (probably due to high traffic), so it might be an issue with my phone.

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
I know there is an update later today that should fix the issue with toggles not reordering themselves, but I'm curious if this is another bug with the toggles or something specific to me. I had to try like 10 times in Cydia to get the install to go (probably due to high traffic), so it might be an issue with my phone.

I'm seeing the "toggles reorder" problem too.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I'm seeing the "toggles reorder" problem too.

Yes, but that wasn't what I was asking. The developers have already submitted an update for that.

What I'm wondering is whether anyone with an iPhone 5 is having trouble with the 3G and vibrate toggles. Just wondering before I bug the developers with a support email.

Resante

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Yes, but that wasn't what I was asking. The developers have already submitted an update for that.

What I'm wondering is whether anyone with an iPhone 5 is having trouble with the 3G and vibrate toggles. Just wondering before I bug the developers with a support email.

3G toggle does nothing on my 5. Doesn't appear that the vibrate toggle does anything either.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
The other thing that bugs me with Auxo and is related to the black thumbnails, is when you swipe up with Zephyr to close an app. I have been doing this to get back to the home screen, instead of tapping the home button. However, whenever you do this, Auxo I guess shows that you have closed the app and it now shows a black thumbnail. I wish it would still show a preview, even after swiping up with zephyr.

Other than that, Auxo and Zephyr combined are amazing. My home button is almost useless now, which is a good thing!

Isn't the update going to fix this?

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
how does Auxo perform on a iPhone 5? is it as seamless and smooth and fluent as the regular plain old multitasking bar? im going to Jailbreak my iphone 5 in a few weeks or less, im just waiting for them to come out with iPhone 5 tweaks

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
3G toggle does nothing on my 5. Doesn't appear that the vibrate toggle does anything either.

Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't just me. Guess I'll wait patiently for a fix. These developers seem to be pretty proactive so I doubt we will be waiting long.

how does Auxo perform on a iPhone 5? is it as seamless and smooth and fluent as the regular plain old multitasking bar? im going to Jailbreak my iphone 5 in a few weeks or less, im just waiting for them to come out with iPhone 5 tweaks

It's very smooth on my 5. Aside from a few minor bugs, which the devs seem to be moving very quickly to squash, it really feels like something Apple would have built in to the multitasking tray. In fact, this tweak and MapsOpener are the main reasons why I jailbroke my 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.