Possible bug on JB 4.3.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by simple20, Apr 6, 2011.

1. simple20 macrumors regular

Hey guys, want to know if any of you had this.

I just got off of a call, and recieved a text at the same time. When I clicked the little red x (bitesms) to exit out the text, the apple screen popped up, and the phone entered safe mode. Rebooted just fine.

Yesterday when I disconnected my tether, the phone froze, and I had to boot it up in safe mode before I could get any reaction out of it.

Thanks guys

I have
    Bitesms
    Tetherme
    Folder enhancer
    privaCy
    My3g
    fake operator
    Cydelete
    Winterboard

All legit, nothing hacked. First I updated my phone to 4.3.1 via itunes because unlock is not important to me so I don't have old basebands or anything

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I had a somewhat similar issue happen for me. I was listening to a streaming podcast that was playing in the "Quicktime" player that pops up when you open mp3 files and such. I held the home button to go to voice control, and somewhere in the process of switching, it locked up and showed a black screen with the Apple logo. I assumed it was rebooting, but after a minute or more passed, I realized it was totally stuck. I held both buttons and did a hard reset, and everything is working fine now.

Strange issue, but I'm not too worried about it.

3. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular

Nobody? Just happened again. Happens when I receive calls. This time I didn't get a new text but an old one popped up. Wonder if this is the jb or bite?

4. serafin macrumors newbie

serafin

5. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular

Kinda hard not to worry about it if I have to reboot my phone after every call I receive.

6. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I also have 4.3.1 with Bitesms installed legit. I had this happen once or twice. Didnt really pay much attention to it. It froze, rebooted in safe mode. Then i rebooted again and all is well. If i remember right, I was on a call when a text came in, i eneded the call and hit the icon in the status bar. Which brought the text up, causing a freeze/respring. The other time, an old text from 10-15 mins earlier popped up, causing the same reaction. It may be some small issue with bite and this JB. But it doesnt bother me too much to do a quick respring when it happens.