Possible? Build a Pc Inside A Mac Case.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mattydj, May 10, 2007.

1. Mattydj macrumors regular

I'm a gamer so i need to have a computer running windows able to cope with todays games. My macbook sadly is unable to do that so i need a PC.

I love the designs of Apples computer towers so was just wondering if it was possible to take maybe a Powermac G4 computer take all the components out so it's just the case and build a windows box inside it?

I would love to be able to do this so i could keep a bit of Apple even though i'm running Windoze...

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Yeeeeees. Been done many times before, do a quick forum search. Also check macmod.com or xlr8yourmac.com.

Muah ha ha ha ha! NOW GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN.

3. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Sure, you could probably get a G5/Pro case on ebay for around 70 - 90 bucks. I'm sure it would work out fine.

4. Mattydj thread starter macrumors regular

5. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Why spend hard-earned bucks on a real Mac Pro case when you can have this exact replica for dirt cheap!?!?!

[​IMG]

Ok... technically, it's not "exact"... But it's so-oo cheap that it's tempting to buy simply to have something that takes "tacky rip-off" to the Nth degree! (Having a floppy slot is a real +++) :p

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Anything can be done with enough time, money and effort ;)

7. Mattydj thread starter macrumors regular

I did infact see that case while searching but i'm hoping to either use a mac case of find an "EXACT" replica to build a pc in.

8. amd4me macrumors 6502

You can do it but you will need a SFF mobo and a bunch of other ****. You are better off with another case.

9. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

10. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

thats like putting a kia engine in a ferrari body. sure it will look good, but in all actuality, you're what the french would call a "poseur".

11. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Well, technically he won't be a "poseur" since he already has a macbook and a mac... I see it more of "I want my **** to match" mentality.