Possible Canon 450D issiues

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cabbit, May 3, 2009.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I am going to be buying a camera next week finally and am leaning towards the canon 450d but i have been a little off put by a issues that have been reported online that no mater how well composed the image is the canon will always be out of focus.

Is this still a issue, blown out of proportion ?

2. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Wow, where did you hear this? There's always bound to be bad copies of a camera (no matter what brand), and issues like this can usually be fixed via firmware.

I'd look at getting a 500d (aka T1i), if budget isn't really an issue.

3. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/canon/eos_digital_rebel_xsi

Almost 60,000 photos on PBase, if focus sucked nobody'd be using the camera.

4. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Where on Earth did you hear that nonsense?

Here's a gallery of photos I took with a 450D.

Sharpness is mostly dependent upon the lens you choose. The kit lens that comes with the 450D is a sharp lens, so even if you don't upgrade the lens, you can still get very sharp shots.

5. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

Both main brands (Canon, and Nikon), make cameras that are very sharp. Of course, you have to you your part, but out of the box most SLR camera these days are quite sharp. Once you have extra cash, then you can buy better glass and learn techniques that improve your photos' possibilities in all aspects.

6. LittleCanonKid macrumors 6502

From what I can tell, at least on DPReview, most of the complaints are from DSLR newbies who don't know about shallow depth of field and expect everything to be in focus like a P&S. There are always bad copies of cameras/lenses, but most of them are user error.

7. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit